Note: Before performing the steps below, please see: Time Clock Kiosk: How to Get Started
1. Install the Kiosk Feature in TSheets, and Get the Device Authorization Code
- On a computer, in TSheets, go to SET UP › Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Kiosk, and click Install.
- Click Add Device › Authorize other device, and write down the authorization code.
- Click Ok. (After the code has been entered on the new device, the code will display in the OTHER DEVICES list. You can then click the code to rename the device.)
- Next to EMPLOYEE LIST, select Display or Hide. Clicking Hide conceals the employee list, but employees can still find their name by entering it in the search field.
- Next to EMPLOYEE WORKING STATUS, select Display or Hide. This setting allows TSheets to display or hide a colored dot next to the employees' profile pictures. Green = clocked in; Orange = on a break; No dot = off the clock.
2. Configure iPad Settings
These settings prevent the iPad from auto-locking after a set period of non-use. Guided Access prevents employees from opening any other app on the device.
- Make sure the iPad is connected to the internet.
- On the iPad, go to Settings › General › Display and Brightness › Auto-Lock, and set it to Never.
- Go to Settings › General › Accessibility, and make sure Guided Access is toggled on.
- Tap Passcode Settings › Set Guided Access Passcode, and enter a passcode twice.
3. Install the TSheets Kiosk App
TSheets Kiosk prevents navigation to other web pages by hiding the URL bar.
- On the iPad, go to: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tsheets-kiosk/id1183033454?mt=8, and tap Install. You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID.
- Open TSheets Kiosk.
- Enter your company's TSheets web address (for example, yourcompany.tsheets.com), and click Next.
- Enter the device authorization code you got in Step 1 above.
- Click Authorize. Kiosk launches. At this point, all employees will be able to clock in on this device. If you only want certain groups or individual employees to clock in and out from the device, see How to Manage Kiosks.
4. Limit device use to Time Clock Kiosk
This step prevents employees from navigating to apps other than Time Clock Kiosk.
- We recommend that you use Guided Access Mode to limit the device's use to Time Clock Kiosk.
- Third-party device management software has been shown to cause problems with Time Clock Kiosk.
- We recommend that you do not turn on your device's parental controls (Settings › General › Restrictions).
- On your iOS device, go to Settings › General.
- Find Guided Access, and turn it on.
- With the Time Clock Kiosk app open, quickly triple-tap the home button.
- At the top right, tap Start.
To Exit Guided Access
- Quickly triple-click the Home button.
- Enter the Guided Access passcode.
5. Set Employee PINs
To have employees set their PINs:
Instruct them to pick their name from the list displayed on the kiosk. They will be prompted to set a PIN.
If you want to set employees' PINs for them:
- In TSheets, go to MANAGE › Employees & Groups.
- Click an employee name. The Employee Editor displays.
- In the PIN box, enter a four-digit number, and click Save.
Finally, you may want to distribute to employees or post near the device: How to Clock In and Clock Out via Kiosk.