- The TSheets Kiosk feature is optimized for use on tablets with screen sizes of 1024px by 768px, but can be run on any internet-connected device, such as a computer.
- The instructions below apply to tablets only (not phones).
- If you plan to use Kiosk on a tablet, please see: Kiosk Hardware and Placement.
- Kiosk works on recent mobile versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
1. Install the Kiosk Feature in TSheets, and Get the Device Authorization Code
- On a computer, in TSheets, go to SET UP › Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Kiosk, and click Install.
- Click Authorize other device, and write down the authorization code.
- Click Ok. (After the code has been entered on the new device, the code will display in the OTHER DEVICES list. You can then click the code to rename the device.)
- Next to EMPLOYEE LIST, select Display or Hide. Clicking Hide conceals the employee list, but employees can still find their name by entering it in the search field.
- Next to EMPLOYEE WORKING STATUS, select Display or Hide. This setting allows TSheets to display or hide a colored dot next to the employees' profile pictures. Green = clocked in; Orange = on a break; No dot = off the clock.
2. Install the TSheets Kiosk App
TSheets Kiosk prevents navigation to other web pages by hiding the URL bar.
- On the device, go to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsheets.android.catshark&hl=en, and tap Install.
- Open TSheets Kiosk.
- Enter your company's TSheets web address (for example, yourcompany.tsheets.com), and click Next.
- Enter the device authorization code you got in Step 1 above.
- Click Authorize. Kiosk launches. At this point, all employees will be able to clock in on this device. If you only want certain groups or individual employees to clock in and out from the device, see How to Manage Kiosks.
3. Set Employee PINs
Instruct employees to pick their name from the list displayed on the kiosk. They will be prompted to set a PIN.
If you want to set employees' PINs for them:
- In TSheets, go to MANAGE › Employees & Groups.
- Click an employee name. The Employee Editor displays.
- In the PIN box, enter a four-digit number, and click Save.
4. Lock the screen
Note: Only Android version 5 or higher allows screen locking. These instructions might be slightly different depending on your device's operating system version.
- On your Android device, go to Settings › GENERAL › Security.
- Scroll down to and tap Pin windows.
- At the top right, tap the toggle to ON.
Finally, you may want to distribute to employees or post near the device: How to Clock In and Clock Out via Kiosk.