How can we improve TSheets?

Allocate a number of hours to a job / Job Costing

Set up hourly allowances for certain job codes or tasks. This would allow us to keep an eye on how far along on a job we are, and receive alerts when we're halfway, 3/4ths, etc. This would also let you run a report for the number of budgeted hours versus the total actual hours worked. Set a billable rate on the job code so that we can run a report to see the total cost of doing a job for somebody.

331 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we may check out CHRONOTEK as a trial run. Disappointed in job costing as well, takes me forever, spreadsheets, etc.

• KEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have this feature with your system...check out CHRONOTEK's budgeting feature, awesome layout and function

• Robert Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would absolutely love to see this feature in an upcoming release. We need to provide insight into the budget allocation as well, and being able to see when we're hitting project budgets would be very helpful!

• Lorinda Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently went over the allotted budget for a client on a particular project. His budget was at $3,000, but because I had no Idea of how to track this other than look at past time sheets and add them up, and because I was sssooo task oriented and slammed because of scope creep, I didn't figure it out until it was 4 am. So I have to send an email at 4:01 am to my client letting him know I'm over budget. NOT COOL! I need tools! BTW, that client got me to use Tsheets. He will know that I can't track hours on a particular job now. I would like it to do more than have me run a report. I would like to set it up so I can know when I'm at 75%, 85%, etc. I will be notified, an alarm in T-sheets, not an email, another thing that I am ignoring when I am under pressure to complete a job.

• Mary Brasher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this has changed to started, but any update on scheduled release date? I would like to tell my managers who have struggled for years to work around this lack of functionality when it is coming...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm...4 years later? Is this really coming to fruition - we would appreciate transparency rather than "under review for future consideration" i think we got that message about 2 years ago...

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge support for this! This is a pretty common need to track job costing. There really is no good solution and if TSheets implemented this, it would be a big, big value add.

• ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remind Jen Donchak that I asked for this software mod about a year ago.
        We found a "work-around" but it would be really nice software mod.
        thanks-Ed

• Jeff Newby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering changing to TSheets from another GPS time card system. They do provide this function and it's very helplful. Hopefully it's about to happen.

• Mary Brasher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be available? I would expect to see a published release date by now since we have all been waiting for over 2 years! I have been told that this functionality is coming for a long time....

• Stefano Begolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After asking to the customer support, we received a call from TSheets last week saying that this project is being started now (Q3 2017) and should be available soon.

• Stefano Begolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful, especially when managing projects that have a fixed cost.
        Any update from TSheets Team on the status for this add-on?

• Marco Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would like to define the number of ours i have been contracted for a customer per month and see how much if it at a given time we have used. Utilization report too....

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be extremely helpful. Is this happening any time soon??

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base