If you've exported your hours from TSheets to Reckon
and the hours aren't displaying correctly when you run payroll within Reckon, this is most likely because the payroll detail needs to be refreshed. First, check the sync log in TSheets for errors, then look for the timesheets in the Weekly Timesheets in Reckon.
Find your hours in Reckon
TSheets exports hours to the Reckon Weekly Timesheet, not to the payroll details field. To make sure that the employee hours were exported, in Reckon, go to Employees > Enter Time > Use Weekly Timesheet.
If after exporting, the hours do not display on Weekly Timesheet, contact TSheets Support.
If you see the hours listed in the Weekly Timesheet, perfect! Run payroll as normal and the hours should appear. If they are still not in payroll, check your employee settings in Reckon.
Check Employee Settings
If the hours are listed in the Weekly Timesheet and you've run payroll but the hours don't display in the payroll fields, make sure that the employee settings are configured to use timesheet data to calculate paychecks totals.
- In Reckon, go to the Employee Center.
- Click the edit icon corresponding to one of the employees.
- Select the Payroll Info tab.
- Below the Earnings box, make sure that the Use Time Data to Create Paychecks box is checked.
- Make sure the employee is assigned to the payroll schedule that you are running payroll for.
- Click Save.
Note: If hours were exported prior to this setting being selected, those hours won’t be transferred from the Weekly Timesheet to payroll because no payroll items are associated with them. Either manually add the hours in payroll this time round, or contact support for help with re-exporting the hours.
Note: If employees may be paid overtime or double time, make sure the employees are assigned the appropriate payroll items in Reckon. Then, in TSheets, enable overtime tracking (Company Settings
> Payroll & Overtime
). Lastly, ensure those payroll items are mapped
Finish running payroll.
Review the hours for accuracy. If the hours are not displayed:
- Continue to run scheduled or unscheduled payroll.
- Review the paycheck detail for each employee, one at a time.
- In the paycheck detail window, use the calendar icons in the top right corner to adjust the date range to any other date range.
- To allow Reckon to register the date change, click anywhere else in the paycheck window.
- In the pop-up window that asks you if you would like to utilize the timesheet data recorded for those employees, select Yes.
- Use the calendar icons to adjust the date range to the correct pay period.
- Again, to allow Reckon to register the date change, click anywhere else in the paycheck window.
- In the pop-up window asking if you would like to utilize the timesheet data, select Yes. This will recalculate the paycheck totals based upon the hours recorded in the Weekly Timesheet.
- Save, and repeat this process for each paycheck.