|Rich Text Description|
Note: You must be an account administrator in TSheets to create, edit, or delete invoices. Invoices sync seamlessly between TSheets and Xero and will appear in both places.
Basic Invoice Flow
- Contacts, customers, inventory items (along with their billing rates), and Employees (if in Australia) are set up in Xero.
- These items are then imported into TSheets.
- Employees use TSheets to track hours worked, indicating which customers they worked for, and which services were performed.
- The administrator or payroll manager then creates an invoice in TSheets. The invoice is marked DRAFT.
- The invoice is synced to Xero, where they can be reviewed and sent to customers. Invoices are then marked as SENT.
- When the invoice is paid, it is automatically marked as PAID in TSheets.
To create an invoice:
- In TSheets, at the top right, click Xero > Invoicing.
- In the Invoices window, click New Invoice.
- In the Invoice Options window, select a customer and set the filters:.
- WHO DO YOU WANT TO BILL?: Displays all Xero Contacts. If time has been tracked agasint that contact, the number of uninvoiced hours display next to it. If a Contact is selected that has not been added as a Customer in TSheets or has no time tracked, it opens a “Select Work to Bill” option to choose a TSheets Customer’s time to invoice to that Contact.
- If you choose "Selected" next to the Filter by filters, employees and inventory items imported from Xero display as choices, as well as any items from Custom Fields you added in TSheets. If no time has been tracked by the selected employees or against the selected customers or inventory items, an invoice with no line items displays. You can then add items into the invoice manually.
- Time: By default, All Uninvoiced Time is selected. Click the down-arrow to select a week, month, or date range.
- Summarize Invoice by...: Choose how you would like your Invoice to appear. "Detailed" displays all information attached to any timesheet on that invoice.
- Click Create Invoice and a draft invoice displays.
- Review the invoice, make edits (if needed), and click Save Invoice or Save Invoice & View in Xero.
To edit an invoice:
- In TSheets, go to the Invoices list, select an invoice, and do one of the following:
- Add a line item: At the bottom, click Add Line Item.
- Edit individual entries: Click in any field (except Amount, which is an automated calculation), and make your changes.
- Reorder a line: Grab the , and drag the line up, down, or into the Write Off box (if shown).
- Write off a line item: To the right of the amount, select Write Off. The line item displays in the Write Off box below the invoice. To return it to the uninvoiced section, drag it up, or deselect Write Off.
- Delete a line item: At the right of the item, click X.
- Note: A deleted line item will not be considered "invoiced" and will appear on a later invoice for that customer. A line item that is written off will be considered "invoiced" and will not appear on a later invoice.
- Click Save Invoice or Save Invoice & View in Xero.
In Xero: Make your edits in Xero. They will also display in TSheets.
To delete an invoice:
Note: Only draft (unsent) invoices can be deleted.
- In TSheets, open an invoice, at the bottom left, click the trashcan icon (), and confirm by clicking Delete.
- Or, delete the invoice in Xero. The invoice will also be automatically deleted in TSheets.
To sync invoices between TSheets and Xero:
Invoices are synced when you click any of the following:
- Xero > Invoicing
- Xero > Import
- At the bottom right of the Invoices window, the sync icon ()
- Save Invoice