Number of Stations
- The user interface is optimized for 1024px by 768px-size screens in landscape mode.
- If the device will only be used to run the TSheets kiosk feature, a large number of GBs is not necessary.
- When selecting a device, consider whether it will have access to Wifi. If not, choose a device that also has cellular internet capabilities.
- The operating system requirements are:
- iPad: iOS 8.0+
- Android: OS 6.0+
- iPad provides the best user experience.
Here are some tablets that meet the above requirements:
We do not recommend the following tablets for the TSheets Time Clock Kiosk app:
- Samsung: SM-T377A (issue with photo capture, half the image will be green)
- Samsung Galaxy: SM-T113, version no. 4.4.4 (not compatible with the app)
Stands and Mounts
- Be heavy-duty and durable
- Have a cable management system
- Have adjustable screen angles, especially if using facial recognition (if not adjustable, we recommend a 45-degree angle)
Mounts for both Android and iPad Tablets
- RAM offers some mounts with protective covers, so can be used outdoors. However, they are not adjustable, so not appropriate for companies using photo capture and/or facial recognition.
- Check Amazon to find a tablet stand that meets your company's needs.
- Kiosk height should accommodate both standing and wheelchair users, normally about three feet high on a flat, stable surface.
- The device and stand should be near an outlet and always plugged into power. Consider cord placement to prevent tripping and exposure to water.
After selecting your equipment:
Computer Option: Browsers
Kiosk works on recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, including the mobile versions of these browsers on iOS and Android tablets.
However, if you have Photo Capture / Facial Recognition, one of the following browsers is needed:
- Chrome 45+
- Firefox 33+
- Microsoft Edge
After selecting a browser, set up Time Clock Kiosk on a computer.
Number of Stations
How to Estimate
It takes approximately 20 seconds to sign in, clock in, and sign out. Then add time for the next employee to step up to the station. If many employees arrive at work at the same time, to prevent delays, consider adding additional kiosk stations.