Types of TSheets Reports
- Approving the displayed hours approves and locks all time data up to and including the chosen report dates. Unapproving and/or rejecting the displayed hours unlocks all hours from the present back to and including the displayed report dates.
- Once an employee submits their time, they can no longer make edits (permission dependent), but admins and managers can. Once time is approved, edits can no longer be made to a timesheet by anyone.
- Unapprove the timesheets to unlock it and allow admins/managers to edit the timesheets. Reject the timesheets to allow employees to edit their time and then re-submit after they've made their changes (permission dependent).
- To view the individual timesheets that make up the total hours for an employee, in the hours total box, click "view details."
- To view different types of hours (approved, submitted, and unapproved), click on the tabs at the top of the window.
- A breakdown of hour types (regular: green, OT: red, PTO: blue, breaks: brown) for each employee is displayed on the right side of the window, below the hours bar.
- After the timesheet(s) have been approved, the timesheet data can be exported to a payroll program.
See also: How to Run and Use the Payroll Report
After running this report, you can:
- View a detailed report that also includes a pie chart of types of hours worked by clicking "Show Details for All Employees."
- From this window, you can download a detailed spreadsheet in the following formats: CSV, Excel, or PDF.
- Print a copy of the spreadsheet.
This report, commonly used to perform job costing, displays the total hours tracked against each job or customer and which employees worked on each one.
After running the report, you can:
- View timesheet details for each displayed job, customer, employee, group, etc.
- Download a .csv spreadsheet of those details.
For more information, see: How To Run a Project Report
Employee Job Costing
This report allows account administrators to view how much money is due for each job or customer, broken down by each employee that worked at that job or for that customer. It lists regular, overtime, and double time (if set up) hours, each employee's billing rate, and the total amount due for the job or customer.
- This report is only available to administrators.
- Pay Rates are required and can be set up in the Employee Editors. If a rate is missing for an employee included on a report, or their rates are set to daily or yearly, you will be prompted to add in their hourly rate before proceeding.
- Next to each listed employee, enter their hourly rate. Then, click Save and Continue.
To run this report, go to Reports > Tracking > Employee Job Costing.
See also: How to Run an Employee Job Costing Report
This report allows administrators to download a spreadsheet that lists names of employees who worked, the number of hours they worked (separated by regular and overtime hours), their pay rate, and the total wage (hours x gross pay rate).
- This report is only available to administrators.
- Before running this report, go the TSheets Employee Editor window, and make sure a pay rate is entered for each employee that you want to be included on the wage report.
To run this report, go to Reports > Payroll > Wage Report.
Payroll Hrs Summary by Employee
This report, found under Reports > Payroll > Payroll Hrs Summary by Employee, shows hour totals for each employee. It is broken out by regular hours, overtime, and PTO (as applicable). Each hour type column is added into a Grand Total as well.
Logging and Auditing
These reports allow administrators to download .csv spreadsheets containing certain types of data for the given time period, with a maximum of 21 days at a time. They can be found under Reports > Logging and Auditing.
- System Log: Contains all of the system log entries.
- Time Log: Contains all time entries and edits.
- PTO Balances: Contains the total PTO balance per PTO code, per employee. The spreadsheet entries can then be adjusted and uploaded into TSheets to update those PTO balances. See also: About Paid Time Off (PTO) Codes and Accruals
- Approvals History: Contains all of the approvals activity recorded on the account. Keep in mind that the date range for the report will set the dates of timesheets included in the report, not the date(s) on which time was approved or unapproved.
- Applicable Large Employer: Contains total average and monthly employee hours worked. These figures are used to help determine Affordable Care Act compliance. See: How to Run an Affordable Care Act ALE Report
These reports allow administrators to make adjustments to job codes, users, groups, and group managers via a .csv spreadsheet. From each report, the administrator downloads the spreadsheet, makes adjustments, and uploads the updated data back into TSheets. They can be found under Reports > Exports.
- Job Export: A list of all job codes. See also: How to Create and Manage Jobs or Customers
- User Export: A list of all employees and their details.
- Groups and Group Mgrs Export: A list of all groups and group managers and their details.
These reports, found under Reports
allow administrators to track, in more detail, and download .csv spreadsheets of, certain information such as:
- GPS points: A report of all GPS coordinates recorded for each timesheet as well as a calculation for approximated accuracy.
- Hours by Full Job, Top Level Job, Group, Date, or Employee: These reports provide hour totals under given parameters. The reports can be vied in list or grid view, with various filters applied.
- To set a dual report filter, make sure that you have already assigned any other necessary filters.
- At the bottom of the dual filter report window are two drop-down menus, one of which is grayed out. The second one allows you to select your secondary criteria, which will allow you to generate an X and Y value for a grid .csv export.
These reports will indicate information that is typically excluded from other reports. They can be found under Reports
Administrators can download a .csv spreadsheet containing the following:
- Not Yet Approved or Submitted: Contains the list of individuals who have not yet submitted their time or had it approved.
- Less Than X Hours Worked on a Weekday: Contains a list of each individual that has not worked a certain amount of time on a given day.
This report is only available if the DCAA add-on has been set up in TSheets. See: DCAA Compliance