|Rich Text Description|
Before You Get Started:
- Turn on the “Full payroll” preferences
- Ensure your week start date matches in both Reckon and TSheets
- Ensure “Use time data to create paychecks” is checked in both the Company-wide preferences, and for each active employee
- Ensure all employees are set up with at least one payroll item (time is unable to transfer without at least one payroll item mapped)
- Be able to sign in as the main admin (username is generally “admin”)
- Be able to switch to single user mode
- Be on the computer you will be using to sync TSheets and Reckon because the sync can only be performed in one location.
These instructions assume that you are integrating Reckon with an existing TSheets account. If you do not yet have a TSheets account, see: How to Get TSheets on Your Computer
All on the same computer:
- Launch Reckon Accounts
- Open the Reckon company file that you want to integrate with TSheets, and sign in as the main administrator and in single user mode.
- Sign into TSheets as an administrator.
Install the Reckon Integration Add-On and Sync with Reckon.
- In TSheets, in the left menu, go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Find Reckon Integration, and click Install.
- "Step 1: Select Options": make your selections for what information you want to bring over , and click Next. Selections include (these selections can be changed later in the Preferences):
- Delete all users: If you've already added employees into TSheets, they would not be linked with your Reckon account, so you can choose to archive them upon the first sync.
- Import Customers and Jobs: This imports all active customers and their jobs into your TSheets account to allow employees to track time against them. You can either assign them to all employees, or assign them individually later (uncheck assign imported Customers and Jobs).
- Show Service Items: Brings your Service Item list over as a list employees can pick from while tracking time.
- Show Billable: Gives employees an option to indicate whether the time they're tracking is billable or not.
- Show Class: Brings your Class list over as a list employees can pick from while tracking time.
- Import Vendors as Employees: If you have Vendors/Contractors that need to track time, you can choose to import them as users into TSheets.
- Your first Reckon sync will remove any jobs/customers you had set up in TSheets before the integration, so you may see a warning window. When this window displays, read the warning, and if you want to proceed, type delete, and click Continue.
- "Step 2: Set Up Web Connector": If you don't have the Web Connector installed already, click Intuit's Website. If you do, skip to step 7.
- Scroll down to Version 18.104.22.168, and click Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Back TSheets in the "Step 2" window, click web_connector_####.qwc and open the downloaded file.
- In the Authorize New Web Service window, click OK.
- In the Authorize Reckon Access window, select Yes, whenever this Reckon company file is open.
- In the Access Confirmation window, click Done.
- Back on the Step 2: Set Up Web Connector window, locate the four-digit password.
- Back on the Web Connector window, enter the 4 digit password and hit enter on your keyboard. Choose to save the password when prompted. Then, check the box to the left of the TSheets application and click Update Selected.
- After the sync completes, back in TSheets in the "Congratulations!" window, follow the next steps listed there, like Map Reckon Payroll Items.