- GPS points can be pulled when you clock in and clock out as well as opening the app, switching job codes, and while on the clock.
- A point can also be force pulled while on the clock by going to Time Clock > Location > Touch to View map > tap the location marker in the top right corner.
- If you use TSheets Touch, ensure you leave it open and active on your device for points to pull.
- GPS points will NOT be pulled when you are on a break, clocked out, or signed out of the app.
- You may be required to enable location services on your device before you can clock in. If not it’s not required, you can opt in or out of location tracking:
- In the mobile app > tap your profile icon (top left) > Settings > toggle Track location while clocked in on/off
Where to Find and How to Read GPS Data
- Tap Timesheets > tap a timesheet to view > under LOCATION, tap Touch to view map..
- Tap the three dots () in the top right to Show Accuracy Bubbles or not.
- Tap a point to see the time it was pulled, and it’s accuracy in meters.
GPS Point Colors
GPS points display in one of four colors indicating the following:
- Green: Clocked in
- Red: Clocked out
- Blue: Point pulled while on the clock
- Orange: Different device
Concerns and Troubleshooting
Unable to clock in or automatically clocked out:
If you are unable to clock in, or get clocked out with the one or both of the following notifications:
- Turn On Location Services to Allow “TSheets” to Determine Your Locations”.
- “You’ve been clocked out - Your company requires location while on the clock. Please go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and set TSheets to Always.
Make sure you have Location services enabled on your device for the TSheets app.
Phone data and battery usage:
- Data: Compared to apps like Facebook, the GPS feature uses a tiny amount of data. The exact amount of data used depends on how often you change location.
- Battery: Since TSheets does not run continuously, it uses a tiny amount of your mobile device's battery power. The exact amount varies by:
- How often you change location
- How to check battery/data usage:
- Android: Tap Settings > Apps > Application manager.
- iOS: Tap Settings > Data or Battery.
- Scroll down to TSheets. If TSheets does not appear in the apps list, it is using less than 1% of the device's battery power.
Check for the following on the mobile device if points are not pulling:
- It should have a clear view of the sky (surrounded by various obstacles - concrete buildings, trees, even a bag - can hinder low-strength signals).
- The device should be a normal temperature (too hot or too cold can affect the location functionality in a device).
- The device should have power (if the battery died or the phone is powered off, this will disable the location functionality).
- The employee should be signed into the app and on the clock.
- The device should not be in Power Saving Mode (or device equivalent).
- The app should be open in the background (do not force close the app).
Helpful Steps to take:
- Turn the device off/on.
- Turn GPS/Location services off/on.
- Ensure both your phone’s Operating System and the TSheets App are up-to-date.
- Turn Airplane mode on then off again to reset all wireless radios.
- Ensure Location Services is enabled for the TSheets app and is set to high accuracy.
- Disable any battery saver settings or apps.
- Reset Location and Network Settings.
(Steps for the following will vary depending on the device, please see Mobile GPS Troubleshooting
for more specific steps.)