- Clock in/out reminders and shift reminders function separately. One will not override the other.
- Only administrators can set company-wide schedule reminders and notifications.
- Employees can change their own notifications and reminders. (See: How to Change Your Schedule Notifications and Reminders.)
- If notifications are set to send via both SMS and push, only a push notification will be sent to the employees' mobile devices.
- If both SMS and push notifications are set by an employee, they will receive both types.
Available Reminders and Notifications
- When assigned shift is published or changed: When an administrator or manager publishes a new shift, changes a shift, adds a note to a shift, or cancels a shift, the employee receives immediate notification. (Example: "You have a new or updated shift on 2/20 at 8:00am.")
- One hour before shift starts: The employee receives a reminder that their shift starts in one hour. (Example: "Your shift at 8:00am is starting soon."
- Forgot to clock in after shift started: If an employee hasn't clocked in five minutes after their shift started, they will receive a reminder to clock in. (Example: "Did you forget to clock in to your 8:00am shift?"
- Forgot to clock out after shift ended: If an employee hasn't clocked out five minutes after their shift ended, they will receive a reminder to clock out. (Example: Did you forget to clock out of your 8:00am-5:00pm shift?"
- Employee hasn't clocked in after shift started: If an employee hasn't clocked in five minutes after their shift start time, their manager receives a notification. (Example: "[Name] missed clocking in to their 8:00am shift."
Note: Push notifications contain the least amount of detail. Email notifications contain the most. You may choose to select more than one notification method.
- Push: The recipient will receive a notification on their mobile device.
- Email: The recipient will receive a notification in their email inbox.
- Text: The recipient will receive a notification via text.
How to Set Schedule Reminders and Notifications
- On a computer: In TSheets, go to SET UP › Company Settings › Notifications.
- Make your selections, and click Save.
To see all the other cool things you can do with TSheets Schedule, see the other help documents.