When and Where GPS Points Are Acquired
- TSheets only tracks locations when an employee is clocked in, not when they're on a break, clocked out, or signed out. If your employees have any further concerns about GPS tracking, please direct them to: Top 3 Employee GPS Tracking Concerns.
- GPS points are acquired approximately every 10 minutes, unless one of the above events occurs. A GPS point, however, is not acquired if an employee uses their mobile device to force quit TSheets.
- TSheets will only acquire another point if the employee's mobile device has moved more than 150 meters, unless the employee clocks in, switches jobs, clocks out, or forces a GPS point.
If, in between any of the above events, you want to force TSheets to record your location:
- On your mobile device, on My Time Card, under LOCATION/GPS, tap Touch to view map.
- On the Location information screen, in the lower left corner, do one of the following:
- iOS: Tap the teardrop icon.
- Android: Tap the compass icon.