If you have concerns about your employer turning on the TSheets GPS tracking feature, check this out:
- When are my locations being tracked?
- How much of my phone's data plan is being used?
- How much of my battery power is being used?
- How do I determine the TSheets app's exact usage of data and battery on my device?
When are my locations being tracked?
Your locations are only tracked when you are on the clock. GPS is turned off when you are on a break or have clocked out.
How much of my phone's data plan is being used?
You may have this concern if you do not have an unlimited data plan.
Compared to apps like Facebook, the GPS feature uses a tiny amount of data. The exact amount of data used depends on how often you change location.
Each sync with the TSheets Android and iOS apps will use approximately 70 to 100 KB of data. (Note: A kilobyte is 1/1000 of a megabyte.)
How much of my battery power is being used?
Since TSheets does not run continuously, it uses a tiny amount of your mobile device's battery power. The exact amount varies by:
- Device (iOS devices attempt to sync for shorter durations than Android.)
- How often you change location
How do I determine the TSheets app's exact usage of data and battery on my device?
- Go to:
- Android: Tap Settings › APPS › Application manager.
- iOS: Tap Settings › Data or Battery.
This is a screenshot from my Android phone on December 22nd. GPS tracking is turned on.
- How much storage space does the TSheets mobile app use?
- How to Turn Off GPS Location Tracking on Your Mobile Device (This is only available if your company's TSheets account administrator has granted this permission.)