Browsers that Kiosk Works On
Kiosk works on recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, including the mobile versions of these browsers on iOS and Android tablets.
However, if you have enabled the photo capture feature of Kiosk, one of the following browsers is needed:
- Chrome 45+
- Firefox 33+
- Microsoft Edge
The following is not a complete list of considerations. Above all, make sure that the kiosk device and stand that you select are safe and placed in a stable, dry location.
- The user interface is optimized for 1024px by 768px-size screens in landscape mode.
- If the device will only be used to run the TSheets kiosk feature, a large number of GBs is not necessary.
- When selecting a device, consider whether it will have access to Wifi. If not, choose a device that also has cellular internet capabilities.
- iPad provides the best user experience.
Here are some tablets that meet the above requirements.
Stands should be:
- Heavy-duty and durable
- Tamper and theft-proof
- Have a cable management system
- Have adjustable screen angles (if not, we recommend a 45-degree angle)
Here are some stands that meet the above requirements:
- For iPad: Pyle PSPADLK55 Tamper-Proof Anti-Theft iPad Kiosk Safe Security Public Floor Stand, Holder, Public Display Case with Adjustable Height & Cable Management for iPads 2/3/4.
- For Android: Pyle Universal Tamper-Proof Anti-Theft iPad/Tablet Kiosk Floor Stand Mount Holder (PSPADLK60)
Number of Stations
It takes approximately 20 seconds to sign in, clock in, and sign out. If many employees arrive to work at the same time, to prevent delays, consider adding additional kiosk stations.
- Kiosk height should accommodate both standing and wheelchair users, normally about three feet high on a flat, stable surface.
- The device and stand should be near an outlet and always plugged into power. Consider cord placement to prevent tripping and exposure to water.