How can we improve TSheets?

Expense and mileage tracking and reporting

Ability to track expenses, like mileage, as well as run a report for them. It would be great to have expense reporting and an expense reporting submittal application. Something simple that asks for the date and the name along with a description of the expense. A drop down menu of expense options would be great too. It would be awesome if this could also be exported into QuickBooks. The expense report should also allow you to run a report for the cost of a job code taking into account the wage of the employee and the expenses recorded for that job code.

418 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VictoriaVictoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Product TeamAdminProduct Team (Admin, TSheets.com) responded  · 

Thanks for all of the voting and comments! This one is still being looked at by the development team for initial scoping, but no final decisions on timelines or feature details have been made just yet. Thank you so much for being patient while we continue to explore this possibility!

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An Irs accaptable Milege log generated automatically via GPS is a MUST have. Will not continue to use TSheets without it.

• David FrasierDavid Frasier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracking mileage for vehicles is mandatory for independent contractors for taxes, insurance, payroll and maintenance purposes. So, I agree an integration component to QuickBooks for this purpose is vital. I am a Linux user, and would like to see (1) integration to QuickBook alternatives such as ZipBooks and GNUcash as well as with some cloud based accounting alternatives such as Xero and Outright. Development costs would be minimized using transfer selling and other cost sharing strategies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only pay my employees mileage once per month. It would be great if I could print a report that only listed the date and the mileage per employee, rather than printing the entire months timesheet and mileage.

• grantgrant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the mileage and per diem drop down and export option as well for quick books. Should be as easy as having to select the type of fields you want to export

Can mileage traveled be tracked through the GPS functionality. IE if an employee gets paid by the mile on Highway Mowing can it track those miles and consequently pay/record based on those miles given a certain rate???

• Kenneth JohnstonKenneth Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello... A couple of thoughts, here.
        We do janitorial services and window cleaning, etc.. Worker's Comp charges us two different rates for the various job types. That said, we have to keep VERY exact records of what type of job we're doing and the time spent at that job.We created an excel sheet that is very good at tracking mileage, time to, at & from each job. As we consider moving over to T-SHEETS, is there a way that we can log each of those items (mileage, job type (or code to differentiate tax rate for Worker's Comp) within each of the scheduled events (job sites) that could later be synced and properly categorized into the employee's payroll area in QBO?
        That would be a HEAVEN SEND!!!!! :-)

Is there a timeline for this feature (mileage and expense tracking)? I am making a decision in the next couple months on a time tracking software and this feature is important to me.

• BarbaraBarbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A box to enter the mileage and a perdiem would be great. I have it as additional boxes but when my team works past midnight it puts the entries in twice. At this time twice is better than none.

• NealNeal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely go with T Sheets if it included mileage and expense also. Real disappointed that it doesn't

• nance.snance.s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Would be great to have a drop down menu for vehicles and enter kms and sync with Reckon Accounts.

We've been with TSheets now for several years, and love it, but using notes to track mileage and expenses has become a hassle. We are having to look around for alternatives for our timesheet tracking. If you can give me a timeline on this, it would be helpful!

• mhullmhull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was accepted by the developers in 2013, and the last update form the product team was over a year ago. Is this going to happen?

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If TSheets tracked mileage as well as time, it would be a dream come true!

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mileage and expense tracking still has not been implemented? Is this a dead project?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base