How can we improve TSheets?

Biometric system to confirm identity of people clocking in/out

Use biometric option when clocking people in and out either from the web or on their mobile app. This could be a fingerprint or even just a photo as long as it indicates who is clocking in or out. This could also include using individual QR codes or RFID tags.

56 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VictoriaVictoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Product TeamAdminProduct Team (Admin, TSheets.com) responded  · 

Today TSheets released a photo capture feature that works with our Kiosk physical punch clock! When enabled, the TSheets Kiosk will take a picture as employees clock in and out. Photos are stored with timesheets for admin review anytime, a simple way to avoid buddy punching and time theft.

For more info, see:
    https://www.tsheets.com/kiosk
    http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/1163767-how-to-enable-kiosk-photo-capture

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marco SousaMarco Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People are trying to solve the problem of fraud.

1.Capture an image of the user clocking in is one solution.

2.Capture signature of a customer is another you should work on too. That data can be used to support invoices sent to customers. Sending a customer a picture of their face may not be sufficient (funny though).

3.Define the address of a job, and have GPS validate you clocked in at that location by address, not GPS way points, and have little green check boxes appear for validated, and red X for issues that manager need to look into (non validated). Another idea.

My two cents. I vote yes for this because it would work for some businesses, but not all.

Marco

• BrynBryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a camera that automatically detects who's there and then clocks them in!

• JennieJennie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised this idea is from 2012. Four years later and it's still not an option today? I think that a QR code would be great. You have so many other ways to clock in, that it is time to add this one as soon as possible.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature. Most of your competition is now offering these features and our management is considering moving to their platforms to stop any "buddy clocking" issues.

• CJCJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add ability to use finger print scanner we can not trust employees with mobile options and having only 2 authorized computers is too limiting

• Nick KasperNick Kasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add fingerprint Touch ID login option!!!! And/or at least give the option to store the username and/or password because it's a little tedious to have to type everything in each time we need to log in. If companies require the extended security of not storing that info, I would leave it up to them to opt-out of those features but for a small company like us, it doesn't really apply and would be awesome to have those optional features. Thank you!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use the built in functionality of the IPad for biometric scanning or photos ( or even both)

• Wesley ChapmanWesley Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to record a photo when clocking in/out would be ideal for our usage case. Checking photographs takes very little time and is a strong deterrent to buddy clocking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base