How can we improve TSheets?

Geofencing: Auto clock in/out based on location

Abiltiy to use GPS data to clock an individual in or out. Give them an alert when they are about to be adjusted so that they can manually override it if necessary, but generally speaking, let the app do all of the work for you. Also, associate a specific location with a specific job code.

263 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VictoriaVictoria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Product TeamAdminProduct Team (Admin, TSheets.com) responded  · 

Greetings!

My name is Nate McIntyre and I am a Product Owner here at TSheets.

After lots of research and investigation the development team here at TSheets has begun work on our own unique take on geofencing enabled location aware time tracking.

Ultimately our desire is to make sure that our solution provides you, the customer, a solution that solves your day to day time tracking pains. To help us with this I welcome you to share your thoughts/input/feedback as it relates to geofences and location based time tracking in email to nate@tsheets.com (or simply reply to this email). Those who respond may be contacted in the future to provide additional insights and thoughts as well as be considered as beta candidates once our team is ready to start testing our solution.

Thank you for your continued support of TSheets and I look forward to hearing from you!

- Nate McIntyre
    Product Owner, TSheets.com

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Geofencing really helps remind my guys to login and logout of jobs. Without it, I'm always fixing timesheets. Also like the alerts I get from Timesheet Mobile http://timesheetmobile.com when there is a geofence violation.

• Evan MannEvan Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interested in GeoFence for visual indicator of someone being in or outside the geofence at the job level. Each job would have a max radius you set for geofence zone (not a global one for all jobs). When someone clocks time, there is a visual indicator on the timesheet for every punch which indicates if they are inside the geofence (green) or outside (red).

• brettbrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this one has been called for for years with no responses, hopefully they are thinking about it and it is a secret. My company has lots of jobs, and if geofencing could be used to limit the choices that the guys have to make in the field. Would minimize mistakes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Where does geofencing stand with tsheets? I would really like to have this even if its an add on.. Thanks
        Russ

• BarbsBarbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Im a prospective client & have sent this question to TSheets directly but no answers as yet so trying here - I am looking for a multi-site GeoFence timesheet capability - where the team are automatically or promoted to clock in upon arrival at GeoFenced Site & automatically clocked out (or prompted) upon departure from GeoFenced Sites for accurate hour record, and as they move from Site to Site this is clocked in & out - can TSheet do this? I have two options in the US with this capability & landline callin for non-smartphone users, but would be great to have a Pacific supplier?

• Olivier CeuppensOlivier Ceuppens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there any update on this from the side of TSheets?
        competing products are moving in fast with this feature
        a great example : http://www.hourstrackerapp.com/ (with auto learning!) I'm testing it out, and so far this looks exactly what we need.... especially being in the consultancy business, having geofencing for auto clockin/clockout is a great feature.

Can we have an answer from TSheets? are you actively working on such feature at the moment? or is it a feature TSheets will not add
        it would help to decide go for TSheets or alternatives with our businesses

The ability to have automatic job codes added based on gps and geofences would be AMAZING!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Start my app based on my location, and the client I am currently at, so If i am at client1, and we know the GPS location start the app tracking time against the client

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Victoria, has there been any movement at all on this topic since you forwarded it 3 years ago?

• M WatersM Waters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very helpful tool for those employees that forget to clock out especially when you are billing your customers for the amount of time they were on a property.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Victoria - will you be able to update us soon on the progress. I'm in agreement with Mark

• Mark ReentsMark Reents commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I constantly have to adjust Tsheets for employees that have to use multiple codes throughout the day, It's a real pain. How close is this from happening?

It would also be nice if the job codes (with an address) would be able to be google mapped

• JennaJenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my company was demoing TSheets, we were sold on the fact that we could do this... TWO YEARS later, we find out this is actually not even in progress. I'm now actively looking elsewhere because we were lied to and know others have this feature. THE ONE We really wanted.

• RossRoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some version of this feature needs to be implemented yesterday for TSheets to remain the goto remote employee time tracking app. What is the status?

• victorvictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what would work for our environment and perhaps it would work for others.

A setting on an employee to allow or deny roaming yes or no
        restrict to IP's defined in tsheets setup.
        This should work from any device, phone, tablet, desktop, laptop

Geofencing would be great but perhaps our request would be doable as part of getting closer to true geofencing.

I would love to see this feature. To resolve the debate, just make is a feature a setting option that you could turn on or off. (off by default) but for users like me that want this functionally I do not need a pop to warn me. I want it to be automatically no intervention needed.

• Robert McNicholasRobert McNicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature! Llama is an app that already does all of this based upon cell towers, gps, wifi connection etc. So an integration with that app would be much easier, as that is what is designed for and commonly integrates with 3rd party apps. At the very least, it should give you some solid feature ideas.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kebab.Llama&hl=en

• Troy BookwormTroy Bookworm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't looked at Tsheets since late 2013, and it's disappointing at how little effort there has been to create or use this feature. 1 KM, to me is a bit too far to use; I have three customers that are within a KM of each other. They'd all show up, or I could clock into the wrong one.

To me, the best method to use geofencing, or GPS at all, for time tracking is simple. If you're at a location and you haven't clocked in, it either notifies you to clock in (alarm) or autoclocks in. (if you forgot and left the device in your car, for example). If you're away from the site, and haven't clocked out, repeat the process. Want to improve accuracy? Before checking GPS, check wifi. If that wifi is associated with a customer, clock in! Keep in mind that most phone GPS is triangulated via the cellular towers, not the satellites, so you can focus down quite far.

If you're at a site, and you bring up the clock in/out functionality, it should automatically check your location and show you the customer - or at least a choice.

As for battery life? Give that as an option. I personally would set mine to update every 10 minutes, but I also plug my phone (or other device) into the car charger every time I get into the vehicle, and I can carry a wall charger if I have to. Time/Money is worth more than battery life.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base