Product Ideas

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Print Payroll Report on Separate Pages

As of now the Payroll Report prints each employee as a separate page in FireFox but not in other browsers. It would be great if this happened in every browser.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!
      A while back you told us it would be handy to separate each employee on a different page in the Payroll Report.

You can now view and print a PDF of Payroll Reports that does just that!

Go to TSheets > Payroll Report > Run Report and then select the “Open as PDF” option.

Learn more from our help article: “How to Use and Run the Payroll Report” at
      http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/824241.

Happy time-tracking,
      Jill, Product Owner at TSheets, where we love employees

• Payroll Reports in PDF

I like the downloadable PDF for individuals and it would be a nice add on if when I search all employees time sheets to be able to choose to print all those individual PDF time sheets all in one shot.

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!
        A while back you told us if TSheets had a PDF of the Payroll Reports it would cut down on the time you spent running payroll.

Happy to say: you can now view and print a PDF of Payroll Reports!

Go to TSheets > Payroll Report > Run Report and then select the “Open as PDF” option.

Learn more from our help article: “How to Use and Run the Payroll Report” at
        http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/824241.

Happy time-tracking,
        Jill, Product Owner at TSheets, where we love employees

• Display Wages on Payroll Reports

The payroll report would be perfect if it also included the wages of each employee and calculated the total payroll expense for that pay period.

57 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Calender Integration with Google Apps, Outlook

Use API to integrate calendars within the schedule and Google Apps or Outlook calendars. This way admins don't have to double enter events to keep track of everything.

72 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make an employee inactive on TSheets without making them inactive in QuickBooks

We have some employees who are salary who we do not track time. I don't want to pay for them as users on Tsheets since they will not be using the mobile app but they still need to be paid. We do our payroll in house through QuickBooks. Currently if I want to make them inactive in Tsheets I have to first make them inactive in QuickBooks and then sync QuickBooks to Tsheets. Then I have to reactivate them in QuickBooks so they can get paid. Every time I import data from QuickBooks these employees become active again in Tsheets.…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integrations › QuickBooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              Completed  ·  VictoriaVictoria responded

Great news! You can now archive users in TSheets regardless of their status in QuickBooks :) I hope this helps simplify things for you but don’t hesitate to let me know about any questions!

• Mandatory GPS Tracking

For Field Service people that travel, do not allow to clock in or out unless GPS is turned on. Give error message if they try and clock in/out without GPS.

115 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Mobile Apps (Android/iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The mandatory GPS option has been deployed. Companies who wish to use this feature can now do so by accessing their company-wide setting in “Company Settings → Advanced → Mobile Options” or to enable for specific employees you can find the option under the employee editor “Mobile Options” tab.

• Ability to edit notes for the work week

We manage our construction projects through TSheets by having our employees clock in to a standard "Job 1", "Job 2", and "Job 3" and then have our employees put their project # and project name using the "Notes" feature. This works best for us as we have hundreds of project #s and this saves time. At the end of the week we are then able to print the payroll report and invoice the proper jobs for the hours by going through the notes section. The one downfall is our employees sometimes have multiple jobs a day and need to go…

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage › Job Codes/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just recently added the ability to allow employees to edit past timesheet notes! Go to “Company Settings”, then click the “Advanaced” tab, and inside “Time Options” you will see the new option.

• View Custom Fields in Manual Time Card after hours are approved

I need to review and see the service items related to a time entry in the manual time card after hours are approved. Currently the manual time card will lock the hours after time has been approved and the service item, any custom fields and notes can not be viewed in the manual time card. Please allow the admin and employees to still see the service items in the MTC even after time is approved.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Track Time › Manual Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are pleased to announce that this is now supported! Just go back to any previously submitted timesheet in the Manual Time Card, click the cell, and both notes & the highest level Advanced Tracking (Custom Field) fields will be visible.

• Be able to see/review notes in already submitted time sheets

Currently you cannot see the notes for any cells in a timesheet that has already been submitted.

It would be helpful to be able to go back to already submitted timesheets and click on a cell and see the note that was entered for that cell.

32 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Track Time › Manual Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are pleased to announce that this is now supported! Just go back to any previously submitted timesheet in the Manual Time Card, click the cell, and both notes & the highest level Advanced Tracking (Custom Field) fields will be visible.

• 89 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Notes are now editable from both the web AND the mobile apps! *

We are pleased to announce that employees without time editing permissions are now able to edit notes in the web app! To turn it on: Company Settings → Advanced → Time Entry → Allow employees to enter notes on My Time Card → Check box for “Allow employees to edit their past notes.”

• Intuit Online Payroll Integration

It would be nice to see an Intuit Online Payroll integration to make time tracking easy even if you don't use the full QuickBooks Online service.

28 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

TSheets introduced a Chrome Extension for Intuit Online Payroll that allows users to quickly and easily import time into IOP avoiding manual time entry. Additionally, you can now export employees from IOP into your TSheets account for easier setup. Just download the extension, use Chrome as your browser and log into the “Payroll” tab of IOP to see the “Import Time” button. It’s that easy. You can download the extension here:
                          https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tsheets-extension-for-int/fhplchdedjdjknjamlcidhlfofdaliml

Regards,

The TSheets Team

• View the Manual Time Card in HH:MM

Allow individuals to choose if they prefer to see time in the Manual Time Card in HH:MM:SS or in a decimal format.

15 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Track Time › Manual Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Viewing the Manual Time Card in HH:MM is now available! To switch from decimal to HH:MM, click the “options” drop-down menu at the bottom right of the Manual Time card and select “Display time in HH:MM”. You can also enter time in HH:MM format in the Manual Time Card.

• Assign Employee Project and Service Codes

Allow managers to pre-populate project and service codes in scheduling. When an employee clocks in, their time would be coded to the correct project and service code. This would improve time keeping accuracy and reduce confusion with employees.

6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • To have an easier way to automatically deduct employees lunch for other pay periods or simply have a lunch clock out/in button.

I would like there to be a way that I can add an employees lunch on Manual Time Card without having to sacrifice the time in/out section the the timesheet. Or a simple button on the app for the employees to be able to clock out/in for lunch.

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Track Time › Breaks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! If you add a lunch break, you will get a button in the app for clocking in/out for lunch. Just go to Add ons → Breaks to create the lunch break. You’ll be able to choose length, paid/unpaid, who can use the lunch break, and whether it ends automatically or the employee has to end it themselves.

• Need a Switch button on the web, just like the mobile apps

Put the mobile switch option on the website timesheet for quicker movement between tasks.

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Make note field mandatory

When entering a timesheet, it would be nice if there were a way to require people to add notes.

95 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to say this is now available! To turn it on, go to:
                                    Company Settings
                                    → Advanced
                                    → Time options
                                    → Allow employees to enter notes on My Time Card
                                    → Make notes required: check the box!

• Kiosk mode to allow multiple people to easily clock in/out on a single device

It would be nice to have a "kiosk" mode that could be secured by authorized IP which listed available employees and they could clock in/out by clicking their name and entering password or a PIN. The screen would also show the status (in or out) of each employee and the date/time of their last activity. This would be helpful for small instances that have specific workstations for clocking in and out (i.e. in a breakroom) for employees that don't usually use a computer in their day-to-day job.

67 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Track Time › Kiosk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • My Time Card: Provide search

I would like to see a "search" field added in the main timecard view so that you can search customers/jobs without having to scroll the entire list. This search feature for customers is available in other areas of TSheets, but not in the main timecard view.

42 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Track Time › My Time Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Edit schedule in mobile apps

We would like to be able to add and delete items from the schedule on the TSheets app on our phones. In our line of work it is common for the schedule to change frequently, and since we don't always have a computer with us it would make it a lot easier to be able to make the changes from the app directly.

55 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Auto log out after clock in from the App

After clocking in/out on the Mobile App, the user would be automatically signed out. This would be ideal for when multiple users are tracking time using the same app.

6 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile Apps (Android/iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base