Product Ideas

How can we improve TSheets?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add pics/images/photos or PDFs to timesheets

Allow a user to take a picture with mobile device and add it to the notes or attach it as a file.

210 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Track Time  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Default Weekend Hours to Overtime

Ability to have weekend time customized to different overtime rates. i.e. Saturday, have time be recorded as overtime x1.5 and on Sunday, have hours be recorded as overtime x2.

64 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Manage › Overtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We had started development on a custom overtime solution that will allow for a variety of overtime rates within the same day as well as different rates for different days of the week.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Jen Benz
        Product Owner

• Ability to unlock and re-lock timesheets via API, so they don't cause dups in QB when modified

Via the API, I'd like to update and add time entries for dates that have already been exported to QuickBooks, but don't want to cause duplicates. This currently requires a call to TSheets customer support. I'd like a way to unlock/re-lock via the API.

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Developer API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Enhanced PTO Approval & Reporting Process

Currently, the approval for PTO utilizing tSheets is limited to the manager seeing it on the time sheet during the current pay period. The ability for managers to be notified in advance of employees desire to take PTO and the ability to see a summary of all employees pending PTO in the future is extremely important in the decision making process so as to ensure ample staffing is available. One suggestion would be that upon an employee submitting PTO hours in the PTO module, the save button could be replaced with a send request. This request would then go to…

260 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  55 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add a location section in schedule/ hyperlink address

Add a location section in schedule so that an admin can place an address. Also hyperlink the address, so that when an employee opens their app to see the schedule, they can click on it and it will go into Maps, or what ever they have on their phone.

30 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Photo attached to employee profile

We have many seasonal employees, and it can be difficult to keep track of who is who, especially early in the season. The ability to see a picture of each employee next to their profile would help us greatly!

19 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Manage › Employees/Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • A Daily Report Option that would display all Overtime Hours for the day

Currently, calculating overtime hours is only available when doing weekly reports. It would be great if, when running a daily report, you can also calculate Overtime hours, since that column does show up in the report, but is left blank.

30 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on the ability to calculate overtime on a daily basis. If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, please contact me.

Jen Benz

• Show Days Off in Schedule (Vacation, Sick Days, etc.)

It would be great if you could add a setting for days off so we could just check those days when we want to use them. For example, I have sick days, vacation days, and mental health days, so it would be great to just be able for me and the company to be able to select those days whenever we decide to use them, and be able to keep up with how many days we have left

15 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Biometric system to confirm identity of people clocking in/out

Use biometric option when clocking people in and out either from the web or on their mobile app. This could be a fingerprint or even just a photo as long as it indicates who is clocking in or out. This could also include using individual QR codes or RFID tags.

56 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Marking time off without using PTO (either being out of hours or by choice)

To avoid any potential issues with disputes over pay, it would be helpful to somehow note that an employee was out for the day but opted not to use any PTO hours - either choosing not to use them or having none to use. At this point, it can be easy for someone to say - oh I was there that day, I just forgot to enter my time or some such nonsense.

9 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Manage › Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Job Code Search

For managing job codes, you should develop filters to help search for a job. If there was a drop box for different jobs assigned to different departments, that would be great. For example, I want to search the jobs assigned to "construction", I would like to be able to just click something and have all jobs assigned to construction showing!

6 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  1 comment  ·  Manage › Job Codes/Customers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow employees to request a time change instead of letting them just change it!

Our previous software had a feature that allowed employees to be able to request a clock-in or clock-out change and a field to put in a note as to WHY. I don't like this software allowing them to change themselves; it's all or nothing with tsheets.

7 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Manage › Timesheets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Better Instructions For The "+" and "-" on Payroll Reports

Seriously, there should be an instruction on the screen that tells the user to click on the "+" next to the employees name to actually see the timesheet under Payroll Reports. You only have a download and a print button. New users may not remember that - and in order to see any timesheet info you HAVE to click on the ""+" button. Because I didn't remember (in trial period) I had to call support..a waste of my and their time if you have a little blurb stating "click to see timecard". Also, unless I am wrong, if you don't…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              Started  ·  EliseElise responded

Currently we are working on rebuilding the user interface for TSheets and part of this build will be a re-model of the reports. Looking forward to having a more user friendly UI :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base